Travel

25 main attractions of the Komi Republic

Pin
Send
Share
Send


The official foundation date of Syktyvkar, first mentioned under the name Ust-Sysol in the annals of the 16th century, is considered to be 1780, when by decree of Catherine the Great, the churchyard with a population of 1727 people received the status of a county town. By the beginning of the XIX century. the policy has become a significant shopping center in the Russian North. After the October Revolution, industry began to develop in the city and its environs, cultural and educational institutions appeared, and in 1936 it became the capital of the Komi Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic. Today, more than 250 thousand people live in Syktyvkar. An inquisitive tourist will be interested to visit here.

Monument to the Labor Glory of the Komi Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic

  • Address: October Avenue. Stop transport "Pedagogical Institute."

One of the business cards of the city is rightly considered a stele installed in the center of the transport ring at the intersection of Kommunisticheskaya and Oktyabrsky Avenue. The monument was inaugurated in 1977. The composition consists of three steles stylized as banners and connected in the upper third by metal plates with high reliefs of the orders of the October Revolution, Friendship of Peoples, and Lenin. The Komi Republic was awarded these awards for its contribution to ensuring the economic power of the USSR. The height of the monument is 22 m. It is lined with titanium plates and looks very impressive.

St. Stephen's Cathedral

  • Schedule: daily, from 7:00 to 19:00.
  • Phone: +7 821 220-03-13.
  • Address: st. Svobody, 60. Stop of transport "Street of Freedom".

The cathedral, consecrated in the name of St. Stephen of Perm in 1896, was considered the main Orthodox church of the city before the October Revolution. During the period of persecution of religion, it was first closed, and then the building was completely dismantled. At the beginning of this century, the authorities, at the request of the parishioners, decided to restore the church. Construction was completed on the 600th anniversary of the death of St. Stephen. The white-stone cathedral, whose main dome rises to 64 m, was erected in the best traditions of ancient Russian cult architecture and is very similar to temples Vladimir or Vologda. The majestic building is rightfully one of the main attractions of Syktyvkar.

Eternal Glory Memorial

  • Address: Alley of Heroes Square. Bus stop "Central".

During the Second World War, almost 14 thousand Syktyvkaris went to the front, where they fought sparingly for the liberation of the Motherland from the Nazis. Many of them were not destined to return from the battlefields. In order for the memory of the heroes to be preserved in the hearts of descendants, a memorial was built solemnly opened in the year of the celebration of the 35th anniversary of the Victory. Its dominant feature is a sculptural composition of three figures. Bronze statues depict the mother, wife and daughter of a soldier with a cedar branch entwined with a St. George ribbon in their hands. Eternal flame erupts before them. Behind the sculptures there is a stele with the names of citizens who died for the Fatherland in that war.

Fire Tower

  • Address: st. Sovetsk, 9. Stop transport "Lenin Street."

In the XIX century. Most of the buildings in Syktyvkar were built of wood, so fires that occurred quite often caused significant damage to the city. Confronted with the elements brave firefighters. Especially for them, in 1901 a building was erected, from the high tower of which almost the entire policy was examined. It immediately became one of the architectural pearls, thanks to the originality of the decor. On the front side of the two-story mansion are five arched gates through which horse-drawn fire crews drove out. The octagonal tower, covered with a tented dome crowned with a weather vane, gives the building a resemblance to a small castle.

Monument to I. Kuratov

  • Address: st. Communist. Stop transport "Pedagogical Institute."

I. A. Kuratov, a writer and philologist who lived in the 19th century, is considered the founder of national literature. In 1977, his memory was memorialized. Then, in the square in front of the Opera House, a new monument was inaugurated. The bronze statue of Ivan Alekseevich, depicted in moments of inspiration, is placed on a massive concrete pedestal. Kuratov walks slowly, as if pondering one of the poetic stanzas. A memorial inscription is engraved on a pedestal with bronze.

Republican Library Building

  • Address: st. Sovetskaya, 13. Stop transport "Pedagogical Institute."

The largest library in the republic is located in a building that is rightfully one of the architectural pearls of Syktyvkar. The magnificent mansion looks more like a magnificent palace. A wide stone staircase leads to the entrance. A portico is taken out of the main volume, supported by six columns of the Corinthian order with luxurious capitals. An additional flavor to the exterior is made by arkature belts with geometric ornaments. The building, commissioned in 19957, looks simply amazing.

Sculpture "Dawn over Chukotka"

  • Address: st. Soviet. Bus stop "Airport".

The first attraction of Syktyvkar, which is seen by tourists leaving the terminal building, is a colorful monument, which is now called the "Young Man with a Bird." However, the old name suits him much more. Indeed, the figure of a young reindeer herder, arms outstretched and dreaming of flying up to join a flock of birds flying in the sky, quite clearly symbolizes the desire of the Komi people to reach new heights. The sculpture is very expressive.

House of Merchant Olesnysin

  • Address: st. Ordzhonikidze, 2. Stop of transport "Lenin Street".

An elegant mansion, the first owner of which was a merchant of the 2nd guild V. Oplessin, was erected in 1892, and now is one of the monuments of architecture of republican significance. The decor of the two-story building is made in the Art Nouveau style. Arcade belts, stucco molding, geometric ornament adorn the facade. For a long time after the October Revolution, the building housed a shop and a tea room. Now within its walls are the FSB management structures and the Education Center.

Monument to the Russian ruble

  • Address: Stefanovskaya Square. Bus stop "National Museum".

An art object that appeared in the city in the fall of 2015 at the initiative of the Republican Central Bank, which decided to popularize the national currency in this way, somewhat unexpectedly became one of the iconic sights of Syktyvkar. Near the composition of plastic and stainless metal, every tourist now considers it a duty to take a picture. In the evenings, when the backlight is turned on, the graphic image of the ruble, as if floating in the air, looks especially impressive. By the way, except for Syktyvkar, only such monuments in Russia can boast Tomsk and Dimitrovgrad.

Monument to the electrician

  • Address: st. International Stop of transport "Shop No. 4".

In Syktyvkar is the only monument to the electrician in the country. This attraction appeared in the city in 2014, when the Komienergo company celebrated its 50th anniversary. The bronze sculpture is placed on a low granite pedestal. The sculptor depicted an installation worker crouching on a bench during a break in work. The monument to a simple worker fell in love with the citizens and guests of the capital of the Komi Republic. A memory photo near a colorful statue should be made.

Museum of the Komi Republic

  • Schedule: daily, except Sunday, from 10:00 to 17:00.
  • Ticket price: adult 80 p., Preferential 40 p., Children's 30 p.
  • Phone: +7 821 224-00-36.
  • Website: http://www.museumkomi.ru
  • Address: st. Lenin, 57. Stop of transport "National Museum".

An excursion to the national republican museum, opened back in 1911, will be extremely informative. His expositions tell about the unique nature of Komi, traditions, way of life and colorful customs of Komi-Zyryans, full of events of the history of the region. Colorfully decorated exhibitions are arranged in chronological order, starting from the Bronze Age. In the halls, reconstruction of prehistoric camps, towns and villages is presented. Among the exhibits you can see archaeological artifacts, samples of national clothes, ancient tools, religious accessories.

National Art Gallery

  • Schedule: daily, except Monday, from 10:00 to 18:00, on Thursdays from 10:00 to 20:00.
  • Ticket price: adult 150 p., Student 40 p., Children 25 p.
  • Phone: +7 821 224-02-50.
  • Website: http://www.ngrkomi.ru
  • Address: st. Kirova, 44. Stop of transport "National Museum".

The only art museum in the republic, founded in 1943, has a collection of works of art, in which there are more than 9 thousand items. The exposition presents paintings, sculptures, graphic works, masters of arts and crafts, created in the XVII – XXI centuries. Of particular interest to avant-garde connoisseurs is the collection of paintings by G. Lazarev, V. Roskin, K. Medunetsky. The exhibition of ancient icons enjoys constant popularity among visitors.

Museum of Archeology and Ethnography

  • Schedule: daily, from 9:00 to 17:00, with a lunch break from 13:00 to 14:00.
  • Ticket price: admission is free.
  • Phone: +7 821 225-51-71.
  • Address: st. Kataev, 9. Stop transport "University".

Everyone who is interested in archeology should visit a small but very interesting museum created at the republican university. It demonstrates artifacts found by expeditions during the excavations of the Neritsky, Votchinsky, Veslyansky burial grounds, the Adak cave sanctuary. The institution has a collection of 800 thousand archaeological artifacts. The exposition presents samples of utensils, tools, religious objects used by the peoples who inhabited the lands of Komi from the Bronze Age.

Opera and Ballet Theatre

  • Schedule: submissions are given from Thursday to Sunday inclusive. Beginning of evening performances at 18:00, daytime at 11:00.
  • Ticket price: from 50 p. up to 800 p.
  • Phone: +7 821 224-53-58.
  • Website: http://www.komiopera.ru
  • Address: st. Communist, 32. Stop transport "Pedagogical Institute."

It is worth advising all fans of muses and graces to visit the Syktyvkar Opera House, which opened the first season in the summer of 1958 with the production of Eugene Onegin. The performances on the local stage are very colorful. The troupe of the theater includes wonderful artists and talented directors who are not afraid of creative experiments. The repertoire includes not only classical works, but also productions based on plays by modern authors, as well as operettas and musicals. Since 1991, the theater annually hosts participants in the traditional Suktyvkara Tulis International Festival.

Kazan church

  • Schedule: daily, from 7:00 to 19:00.
  • Phone: +7 821 222-00-69.
  • Website: http://www.sobor.ucoz.ru
  • Address: st. Embankment, 10/1. Stop transport "Kochpon".

A small temple in the suburbs of Syktyvkar is especially loved by parishioners. It was consecrated in 1901 in honor of the icon of the Mother of God of Kazan, miraculously surviving after the fire. The church building, painted in sky blue, above which stands a blue dome painted with gilded stars, looks amazingly festive. Thousands of pilgrims come here to pray at the miraculous temple image. In front of the church there is a miniature chapel with a worship cross, erected in memory of the clergy who died for the faith during the time of the persecution of religion.

Cathedral of Christ the Savior

  • Schedule: daily, from 9:00 to 20:00.
  • Phone: +7 821 224-79-92.
  • Website: https://vk.com/club6553800
  • Address: Oktyabrsky Prospekt, 35. Transport stop "Art School".

Baptist Christians in Syktyvkar have always lived quite a lot. For a long time they performed their religious rites in a small mansion, purchased with community money and converted into a prayer house. At the end of the last century, authorities issued parishioners permission to build a church, which was consecrated in 1995. The church building is one of the architectural highlights of the city. The eclectic exterior of the temple combines elements inherent in the Gothic, Old Russian and Byzantine styles.

City Zoo

  • Schedule: daily, except Tuesday, from 10:00 to 17:00.
  • Ticket price: adult 100 p., Children 70 p.
  • Phone: +7 821 222-30-13.
  • Website: http://www.krebc.prirodakomi.ru/index.php/zoopark
  • Address: st. Pechora, 30/1. Stop transport "Telecentre".

An excursion to the city zoo will bring great pleasure to any child. His pets are more than 700 representatives of the fauna belonging to 95 species. During the tour, visitors will be able to see both the traditional inhabitants of the Komi forests and exotic animals. The pride of the zoo is a family of colorful llamas. Many visitors gather at the aviary with green monkeys. Children love to watch the bustle of porcupine and rabbits of all imaginable colors. A small terrarium contains a caiman and a tiger python.

Museum of Geology

  • Schedule: on weekdays from 9:00 to 17:00.
  • Ticket price: adult 40 p., Children 20 p.
  • Phone: +7 821 244-70-45.
  • Website: http://www.geo.komisc.ru/museum
  • Address: st. Pervomayskaya, 54. Stop of transport "Drama Theater".

Visiting the museum, opened in 1968 at the Republican Institute of Geology, will be interesting for both adults and children. The institution has funds, which include more than 150 thousand storage units. The exposition occupies eight spacious halls. It shows samples of minerals extracted from the bowels of the earth in various regions of the republic, including precious stones and native gold. In addition, during the tour, visitors will be able to see paleontological artifacts found during the development of mineral deposits.

Park them. S. Kirova

  • Schedule: daily, from 9:00 to 20:00.
  • Phone: +7 821 244-22-76.
  • Address: st. Kirov. Stop of transport "MFC".

Natural recreation on the banks of the Sysola River is a favorite place for family recreation of citizens. It will be interesting for a child of any age to visit here. There is a special zone for kids with safe carousels and swings. Teenagers will be able to ride rides, take a ride on rented roller skates or a bicycle. The park is very picturesque. Walking along the well-groomed alleys, visitors admire sculptures and other art objects. Many delicacies for children are offered by a small cafe located in the fabulous tower of Berendey.

The capital of the republic will not disappoint the most demanding traveler. In a city whose attractions are varied and very colorful, you can have a great few days.

Weathering Pillars on the Manpupuner Plateau

Location - Mount Man Pupu Ner. There are several more names, including Mansi blockheads. This geological monument consists of seven bizarre stone elevations of a height of more than thirty meters each. It seems that now they will collapse, but the sights are millions of years old, so there is no need to worry about safety. Part of the Mansi culture.

National Park "Yugyd Va"

It was founded in 1994. Located in the southeast of Komi. The name translates as "bright water." It has borders with other natural tourist places of the republic. The park is engaged in educational work among the population on environmental issues and tourism environmentally friendly. Employees are engaged in the conservation of rare species and a clean environment, as well as the restoration of populations.

Finno-Ugric Ethnocultural Park

Founded in 2010, earned full money in 2012. Located in the village of Yb. Dedicated to the peoples who ever inhabited the territory of Komi.On the territory there are more than a dozen different profile buildings. There are venues for events. Having visited the complex, you can learn the legends of the region, learn new things at master classes, and plunge into the colorful atmosphere.

Pechora-Ilych Biosphere Reserve

It was founded in 1930. Located on the western slope of the Ural Mountains. It covers an area of ​​more than seven hundred thousand hectares. On the territory of the reserve there are several unique natural attractions: outliers, “Mansi boobies”, virgin forests, etc. The terrain is changeable, which affects, inter alia, the diversity of flora and fauna.

Loseferm Pechoro-Ilychsky reserve

It was founded, like the reserve, in 1930. It is the first place in the world where domesticated moose began to be bred. Since the opening of the farm has been engaged in scientific work. The idea was picked up from cave paintings, where large and hardy moose were used for horse riding and cargo transportation. This was especially true before the advent of specialized winter transport. But even now, research and work continues.

Mount Narodnaya

Here is the highest point of the Urals - 1895 meters above sea level. Located on the border of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug and Komi. It was mapped in the 19th century, and the first ascent took place in 1929. There is variability in pronunciation: the emphasis is placed on either the first or second syllable. The relief is not different from the neighboring mountains, there are glaciers and snowfields, in the caravans you can find lakes.

Mount Manaraga

Located in the Circumpolar Urals. 1662 meters - absolute height. At the very peak there are pointed peaks with steep slopes. The name translates as "like a bear's paw." There are mountain points that beginners can climb onto without even using special equipment. Other peaks are submitted only to professionals with impressive climbing experience.

Holy Stefan Cathedral in Syktyvkar

Start of construction - 1996. Started working in 2001. It is executed in the Russian architectural style. Appeared not far from the place where the temple of the era of Nicholas I stood. Already during the Soviet era it was first closed and then completely dismantled. The new religious object has the status of a cathedral. Inside the Orthodox relic is stored - the relics of St. Stephen of Perm.

Boredan Waterfall

Located on the river Kara. The height is about ten meters. The banks around look like moon craters because of the recesses left from the stones. When forming a walking route, it is better to choose the right bank: there rapids and cascades have smoother transitions. If tourists choose a descent along the river, then only the exit area from the canyon is difficult. For such a trip, extensive experience in rafting is not required.

House-Museum of I.P. Morozov

It is part of the Komi National Museum. It is dedicated to the life and work of the head of the republic, who was in power from the 50s to the 80s. Thanks to him, the region received a new round of development. The museum is a copy of Morozov’s parental home. The interior was recreated inside, memorabilia were collected. The tour passes through three rooms, there is also the opportunity to draw your own coat of arms under the supervision of a master.

Kazhimsky ironworks

It was commissioned in 1757. It stands on the Kazhym river. At the same time it is an architectural monument and glorifies the industry of the region. Here they made the first roof for the Winter Palace. It was preserved and then abandoned since 1928. The reason was the high cost of ore mining and production. Not all buildings have survived: an earthen dam, an octagonal tower, a foundry and some others.

Ybsky Seraphim nunnery

Construction began in 1996. And his story began ten years earlier, when, according to legend, a certain Seraphim had a dream about the village of Yb and the holy spring that would heal her. The prophecy came true, and subsequently Seraphim became abbess, and her son was appointed to serve in a local temple. There is a museum on the territory of the monastery, nuns take pilgrims. Relics are weeping and rejuvenated icons.

Trinity-Stefano-Ulyanovsk Monastery

It was founded in 1385. The original building was soon destroyed. Part of the name in honor of the girl Ulyana, who preferred death to captivity, part in honor of Stephen Permsky - the one who stood behind the construction of the monastery. The current complex includes six temples. Having survived the ups and downs, the monastery received a second wind in 1994, when it again became an active object of the Russian Orthodox Church.

National Gallery of the Republic of Komi

It was founded in 1943. The only such museum in the republic. Funds are about ten thousand copies. The exposition includes: painting and graphics from Western Europe and Russia from different periods, up to the present, Komi art, icons and more. Nearby is a sculpture garden - another asset of Syktyvkar.

National Museum of the Komi Republic

It was founded in 1911. Exhibits tell the story of the region. Exposures relate to different time periods. The collection contains documents, archaeological finds, national household items and arts and crafts, literary works and more. Along with several permanent exhibitions, temporary ones occasionally occur, timed to coincide with important dates and holidays.

Monument letter Ӧ

Installed in 2011. Located in Syktyvkar near the Komi Culture Center. The monument is a two-meter plate, in the center of which the letter "Ӧ" is engraved - 18 in a row in the Komi alphabet. It stands on a pedestal with a qualifying plate. For the first time “Ӧ” was used in the middle of the 18th century. In a sense, the letter is one of the symbols of the republic.

Mount Yerkusey (Shaman-Mountain)

Located near the village of Zhelanny. The highest point is 1099 meters. The second name refers to the legends of the past. According to legend, there was a camp of shamans and sacrifices were made. Locals believed that the spirit of the wind lives here. Mountain is a popular destination for mountaineering enthusiasts. From a distance Yerkusey resembles a fortress and stands far from other peaks.

The ghost town of Halmer-Yu

Coal deposits here began to be developed in the 40s of the last century. The maximum number of inhabitants for the entire existence of the village was about seven thousand people. The village ceased to exist as an administrative unit in 1996. People were forcibly evicted. Now here is a military training ground. Some time ago, trial drilling began in order to find gas deposits.

Kyltovsky Cross Exaltation Monastery

It was founded at the end of the 19th century. Located in the village of Kyltovo. Relics of the monastery: icons and a special cross called the “Miracle-working”. He became the basis for the future monastery and, according to legend, knows how to heal diseases. On the territory there are operating temples, as well as housing for nuns and outbuildings. Over the years of its existence, the monastery moved a lot and was reopened in 1995.

"Swinging" support in Pechora

Located on the Pechora River, three kilometers from the city of the same name. Height - seventy-four meters. It works properly from 1974 to the present. The design is made in such a way as to save metal. The supports, standing on both banks, are at an impressive distance from each other. The “swinging” support is located directly in the channel on a lightweight foundation.

First mentioned in 1586. Located on the left bank of Sysol in Komi. Nearby are several landmarks for the republic, including a monastery, temples, a museum and an ethnocultural park. Here are located the holy sources that attract pilgrims, Juniper Lake, which helps well in the treatment of certain diseases, archaeological sites.

Ust-Vymsky Michael-Arkhangelsk monastery

It was founded in 1380. Located in the village of Ust-Vym. The key role in its construction was played by Seraphim of Perm. A new monastery subsequently appeared on the site of the wooden building. The monastery was closed under Catherine II, although the temples continued to work. In 1996, the state and the Russian Orthodox Church again showed interest in the monastery. Various construction, restoration and restoration works are ongoing to this day, although the monastery functions.

Schugor River

The inflow of Pechora. Fables - 9660 square kilometers. The river is shallow with clean and almost clear water. In some places there are many thresholds in a row. It flows through the national park, but there are no settlements near the river. Along the shores and a little further, parking for travelers is equipped, eco-tourism is gaining momentum in the region. Throughout its length there are geological monuments.

Komi virgin forests

Located on the western slopes of the Urals. Belong to the reserve and national park. The forest belongs to the taiga, flora and fauna typical of such an area are here. UNESCO World Heritage Site. Questions remain about forest boundaries. Gold is being mined in the territory, which is not the norm of international law.

Finno-Ugric Ethnographic Park

Ethnopark acquaints tourists with the traditional culture of the Finno-Ugric and Samoyed peoples. In addition to the usual sightseeing tour of the stylized objects of the park, more than 20 different stay programs are offered here and master classes on making souvenirs and baking sandwiches are held. In the cafe on the territory of the park you can enjoy national dishes made from organic products.

Trinity Stefano-Ulyanovsk Monastery

Trinity Stefano-Ulyanovsk Monastery was founded in the 14th century. This is one of the oldest monasteries of the Komi Republic. The temple reached its peak in the late 19th century, when numerous buildings and temples were erected on its territory, making it one of the largest monasteries in Russia.

During the years of Soviet rule, many monks of the monastery were subjected to repression, and the monastery itself was closed in 1923. Only in 1994, after the return of the monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church, monastic life resumed here.

Church of the Ascension in the village of Yb

The Church of the Ascension was built at the beginning of the 19th century at the expense of parishioners. During the years of Soviet power, the temple was closed, despite the active resistance of local residents, who, with the help of improvised tools and household tools, defended their native church. Since 1939, the temple served as a granary. In 1956, the temple was returned to believers.

Monument to the letter ö

An interesting attraction is the monument letter ö. This is a unique letter of the Komi alphabet. Today it is practically not used in printed sources, but is used quite often in colloquial speech.

Top Attractions (630)

The monument to Vladimir Ilyich Lenin is located on the central highway of Murmansk - the avenue of the same name. It was erected in 1957. It was at that time that the avenue named after Stalin received the name Lenin Avenue.

In the famous city of Velikiye Luki, on one of the banks of the Lovat river, not far from the fortress, there is a large sculptural monument dedicated to the Hero of the Soviet Union - Alexander Matrosov. The opening of the monument took place in the summer of July 5, 1954.

The family estate of the mother of Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin - the village of Mikhailovskoye - is located in the Pskov province. The estate was built in the XVIII century, the grandfather of the poet - O.A. Hannibal. Throughout his mature life - from 1817 to 1836.

The legendary Alyosha is a large memorial complex located in the Leninsky district of the city of Murmansk. The memorial is an impressive figure of a Russian soldier, which is installed on one of the highest hills of the famous Kola Bay.

Pinezhsky Reserve is a state nature reserve. It was formed on August 20, 1974. The reserve is located in the Pinezhsky district of the Arkhangelsk region, on the southeastern end of the White Sea-Kuloysky plateau.

Novgorod land is rich in attractions. One of them is Valdai Lake. By its purity and uniqueness, it is put on a par with Lake Baikal. The purity of the water is explained by the glacial nature of origin.

At all times, it was believed that a monument dedicated to a person is installed on the street of the same name. For example, a memorial monument to M.S. Grandmother is located on Babushkina Street in the city of Syktyvkar, respectively, a monument to Lenin - stands on Lenin Street.

The Valdai Upland, sometimes simply Valdai, is located in the northwest of the Russian Plain, within the Novgorod, Tver, Smolensk and partly Leningrad and Pskov Regions. Its length is more than 600 km, height - 150-250 m, the highest point - 346.9 m.

One of the first original sculptures of the city of Murmansk was a monumental monument to Anatoly Bredov. The monument was erected at the expense of the residents of the city. Bredov Anatoly Fedorovich - Hero of the Soviet Union, commander of the machine gun department of the 155th rifle regiment, belonging to the 14th rifle division of the Fourteenth Army of the Karelian Front, held the military position of sergeant.

Not far from the ancient Russian city of Veliky Ustyug, in the pine forest is the Fiefdom of Santa Claus. On the territory of the Patrimony is the magical House of Santa Claus. Coming here, everyone enters the world of fairy tales, magic and childhood.

The Ferapontov Monastery was founded by the associate of St. Cyril of Belozersky - St. Ferapont in 1938. The monastery is located 120 km from Vologda. The Ferapontov monastery is small: four churches, a refectory, a bell tower and a breech chamber are fenced with a not very high brick fence.

The Pechora-Ilych State Nature Reserve is located on the western slope of the Ural Mountains in the Komi Republic. It is one of the oldest natural reserves in Russia. In the east, the nature reserve is limited by the Belt stone ridge, from the north, south, west - by the rivers Ilych and Pechora.

The nanny's house is one of the buildings on the estate of A.S. Pushkin Mikhailovsky. It was restored one of the first in the 20th century. This small structure in the form of a peasant's hut is located to the left of the manor house. Its walls and roof are sheathed.

There are four holy water sources in the Nikandra Desert: in the name of the Monk Nikander the Deserter, in the name of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, the Holy Apostles Paul and Peter, or a spring with "dead" and "living" water, as well as a source in the name of St. Alexander Svirsky.

The Novgorod Kremlin on a high hill above Volkhov is one of the largest northern Kremlin in Russia. Here is the famous Novgorod Sofia, built in the XI century, museum exhibits, as well as its own “leaning tower” and the famous monument “Millennium of Russia”.

Monument I.A. Kuratov is in front of the Opera and Ballet Theater of the Komi Republic in the city of Syktyvkar. Ivan Alekseevich Kuratov was born in 1839 in the family of a clerk in the village of Kebra, Ust-Sysolsky district, Vologda province (now - the village of Kuratovo, Sysolsky district of the Republic of Kazakhstan).

The famous historical and memorial museum of M.V. Lomonosov is located in the village of Lomonosovo, Kholmogorsky district, Arkhangelsk region. It is located in a wooden house, in which the Lomonosov family once lived.

In the city of Severomorsk, on the large central square of Primorsky, a monument was erected to the heroes of the North Sea or, as the people call it, the monument "Alyosha". During the harsh years of World War II, the North Seaers decided to erect a monument in the memory of the fallen front-line soldiers and friends.

An unusual reserve is located on the lands of Borovichi and Khvoyninsky forestry, which are located in the north-east of the Novgorod region. Its unusualness is that it is a nature reserve uniting a unique natural phenomenon - karst lakes.

In 1862, before the celebration of the 1000th anniversary of Russia, Alexander II came up with the idea of ​​constructing a monument of the same name. The monument “Millennium of Russia” was decided to be erected in Novgorod, a city that played a key role in the history of the Russian state.

The main attractions of the Komi Republic with photos and descriptions

The Komi Republic, due to its harsh climate and the inaccessibility of most attractions, is not very popular among tourists. And only especially active and persistent tourists can fully appreciate the incredible natural beauties of this northern region, most of which is covered with dense forests, marshy swamps, clean rivers and a huge number of lakes (there are about 78 thousand in total).

In addition to diverse flora and fauna, huge raw materials (oil, gas, wood, etc.), the region is famous for its distinctive and unique culture that preserves the traditions of its ancestors. Of particular interest are the unusual local rites and traditional crafts, among which the most popular are wood carvings, leather crafts, patterned weaving and five-knitting.

Weathering posts - a unique geological monument of the Komi Republic. They are located on a plateau Manpupuner (in translation - "Small mountain of idols"). Ancient stone statues are the remains of mountains that proudly towered here millions of years ago.

Video (click to play).

Over the long millennia, rocks washed and slowly destroyed under the influence of rain, water and wind. Only 7 pillars (remnants) consisting of sericite-quartzite schists have survived from the mountains to this day. Their height is from 30 to 42 meters. The bizarre shapes of the weathering columns change depending on the viewing angle.

In earlier times, mysterious stone sculptures were the object of worship at the Mansi, so only priests could climb Mount Manpupuner. A lot of folk beliefs and legends about giants are still associated with the remains, despite the fact that today the origin of the pillars is scientifically based.

Due to the remoteness of the sights from the settlements, you will have to get to it by helicopter. You can visit Manpupuner only with a pass issued by the administration of the reserve.

The Pechora-Ilych Reserve is a wonderful corner of untouched nature, striking in its beauty and harmony. You can stay in the reserve only after obtaining a special pass; it is allowed to move here only along established routes.

The reserve was founded back in 1930. One of its main tasks at the time of its foundation was the protection of valuable fur animals. The most popular attraction of the reserve is the world's first moose farm.

One of the most important tasks of the moose farm, founded in 1949, was research on the domestication of moose. The experimental herd was organized from newborn moose calves, which were delivered to the reserve hundreds of kilometers away by air, boats and other vehicles.

As a result of many years of research, the possibility of taming and raising this wild animal was proved. Information on the growth, development, physiological characteristics of moose, collected by employees of the moose farm, made major adjustments to the scientific data on this species of wild animals.

Boredan waterfall completes a ten-kilometer series of cascading rapids on the mountain river Kara. The waterfall is located in a rocky canyon with a steep cliff. Its height is over 10 meters. Not far from the waterfall on the rocks you can see hollows knocked out by water, similar to moon craters. Due to the lack of good roads, you will have to get to the waterfall on all-terrain vehicles and SUVs. Extreme tourists can go on a water trip along the river Kara.

In the summer, local reindeer herders traditionally set up summer camps at the foot of Mount Yerkusey. They can tell many wonderful legends about the Shaman Mountain. According to local beliefs, the mighty spirit of the northern winds Voipel, the patron and protector of the Komi people, lives on the top of the mountain. Therefore, in former times ritual ascents and sacrifices were performed here. The most valuable victim was a white deer.

The mountain is very popular among climbers, because from the top of the mountain offers a truly amazing view of the mountain valley.

The Yugyd Va National Park is striking in its diversity of flora and fauna. There are 44 species of mammals, 190 species of birds, 23 species of fish, 600 species of vascular plants, dozens of species of mosses and lichens.

Mount Manaraga (translated from the Nenets “bear paw”) is a popular attraction of the Yugyd Va National Park. The mountain attracts attention with its unusual crest: it is cut into 7 teeth and resembles a bear paw. The stunning views that open from the top of the mountain amaze even experienced climbers.

Video (click to play).

Ethnopark acquaints tourists with the traditional culture of the Finno-Ugric and Samoyed peoples. In addition to the usual sightseeing tour of the stylized objects of the park, more than 20 different stay programs are offered here and master classes on making souvenirs and baking sandwiches are held. In the cafe on the territory of the park you can enjoy national dishes made from organic products.

Trinity Stefano-Ulyanovsk Monastery was founded in the 14th century. This is one of the oldest monasteries of the Komi Republic. The temple reached its peak in the late 19th century, when numerous buildings and temples were erected on its territory, making it one of the largest monasteries in Russia.

During the years of Soviet rule, many monks of the monastery were subjected to repression, and the monastery itself was closed in 1923. Only in 1994, after the return of the monastery of the Russian Orthodox Church, monastic life resumed here.

In the southern part of the village with the laconic name Yb there is the Serafimovsky nunnery. The monastery was built not so long ago - in 1996, but the beginning of its history dates back to 1985, when the future founder of the monastery had a wonderful dream in which she was ordered to go to the holy springs in the settlement of Yb in order to get rid of a long-standing illness.

The ghost town of Halmer-Yu is 60 kilometers from Vorkuta. The appearance of the village at this place was associated with the discovery of large deposits of high-quality coal. After the construction of the capital mine, the village began to actively grow and develop. Its population reached 7.7 thousand people. There were shops, a hospital, a dispensary, a dormitory, schools, gardens, a cultural center and other social facilities. In 1993, the mine was closed as unprofitable, and after three years the village itself was liquidated.

Residents of the village, someone voluntarily, and someone with the help of riot police were evicted from their native village. A military training ground was established on the territory of the village. Today you can see the remains of apartment buildings with empty eye-sockets against the backdrop of picturesque northern nature.

Kyltovsky Cross Exaltation Monastery was built in the 19th century. A huge number of pilgrims come to the monastery every year to bow to the Kyltovsky Miracle-working Cross, which is stored in its walls.

The Church of the Ascension was built at the beginning of the 19th century at the expense of parishioners. During the years of Soviet power, the temple was closed, despite the active resistance of local residents, who, with the help of improvised tools and household tools, defended their native church. Since 1939, the temple served as a granary. In 1956, the temple was returned to believers.

An interesting attraction is the monument letter ö. This is a unique letter of the Komi alphabet. Today it is practically not used in printed sources, but is used quite often in colloquial speech.

Fire tower is not only an architectural monument, but also a peculiar symbol of the city of Syktyvkar. This strict and harmonious building decorates a significant part of souvenir and advertising products.

Komi for fans to discover new corners and lay their own routes - the edge of opportunity. One of the republics of Russia is rich in natural attractions and national color. The remoteness from the capital and many peoples, one way or another connected with the region, added a twist and contributed to the development of the tourism industry. Natural beauties coexist here with classical local history and art museums, landmark monuments, architectural and religious sites. Interesting places are not concentrated at one point: in order to appreciate all the charms of Komi, you can and should travel around settlements, as well as travel out of town. It is impossible to leave here without vivid impressions.

The most interesting and beautiful places. Photos with names and descriptions of the main attractions

Guidebook - what to see and where to go? Excursions and routes. List of the best objects of tourism and outdoor activities!

Location - Mount Man-Pupu-ner. There are several more names, including Mansi blockheads. This geological monument consists of seven bizarre stone elevations of a height of more than thirty meters each. It seems that now they will collapse, but the sights are millions of years old, so there is no need to worry about safety. Part of the Mansi culture.

It was founded in 1994. Located in the southeast of Komi. The name translates as "bright water." It has borders with other natural tourist places of the republic. The park is engaged in educational work among the population on environmental issues and tourism environmentally friendly. Employees are engaged in the conservation of rare species and a clean environment, as well as the restoration of populations.

Founded in 2010, earned full money in 2012. Located in the village of Yb. Dedicated to the peoples who ever inhabited the territory of Komi. On the territory there are more than a dozen different profile buildings. There are venues for events. Having visited the complex, you can learn the legends of the region, learn new things at master classes, and plunge into the colorful atmosphere.

It was founded in 1930. Located on the western slope of the Ural Mountains. It covers an area of ​​more than seven hundred thousand hectares. On the territory of the reserve there are several unique natural attractions: outliers, “Mansi boobies”, virgin forests, etc. The terrain is changeable, which affects, inter alia, the diversity of flora and fauna.

It was founded, like the reserve, in 1930. It is the first place in the world where domesticated moose began to be bred. Since the opening of the farm has been engaged in scientific work. The idea was picked up from cave paintings, where large and hardy moose were used for horse riding and cargo transportation. This was especially true before the advent of specialized winter transport. But even now, research and work continues.

Here is the highest point of the Urals - 1895 meters above sea level. Located on the border of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug and Komi. It was mapped in the 19th century, and the first ascent took place in 1929. There is variability in pronunciation: the emphasis is placed on either the first or second syllable. The relief is not different from the neighboring mountains, there are glaciers and snowfields, in the caravans you can find lakes.

Located in the Circumpolar Urals. 1662 meters - absolute height. At the very peak there are pointed peaks with steep slopes. The name translates as "like a bear's paw." There are mountain points that beginners can climb onto without even using special equipment. Other peaks are submitted only to professionals with impressive climbing experience.

Start of construction - 1996. Started working in 2001. It is executed in the Russian architectural style. Appeared not far from the place where the temple of the era of Nicholas I stood. Already during the Soviet era it was first closed and then completely dismantled. The new religious object has the status of a cathedral. Inside the Orthodox relic is stored - the relics of St. Stephen of Perm.

Located on the river Kara. The height is about ten meters. The banks around look like moon craters because of the recesses left from the stones. When forming a walking route, it is better to choose the right bank: there rapids and cascades have smoother transitions. If tourists choose a descent along the river, then only the exit area from the canyon is difficult. For such a trip, extensive experience in rafting is not required.

It is part of the Komi National Museum. It is dedicated to the life and work of the head of the republic, who was in power from the 50s to the 80s. Thanks to him, the region received a new round of development. The museum is a copy of Morozov’s parental home. The interior was recreated inside, memorabilia were collected. The tour passes through three rooms, there is also the opportunity to draw your own coat of arms under the supervision of a master.

An architectural monument, the construction of which lasted for several years and was completed in 1907. In 1975, reconstruction was carried out, slightly changing the appearance of the tower. Ten years later, the chimes on the facade were brought into working condition. It is currently the administrative building of the Ministry of Emergencies. On the third floor there is a fire museum. An object of cultural heritage of the peoples of Russia.

It was commissioned in 1757. It stands on the Kazhym river. At the same time it is an architectural monument and glorifies the industry of the region. Here they made the first roof for the Winter Palace. It was preserved and then abandoned since 1928. The reason was the high cost of ore mining and production. Not all buildings have survived: an earthen dam, an octagonal tower, a foundry and some others.

Construction began in 1996. And his story began ten years earlier, when, according to legend, a certain Seraphim had a dream about the village of Yb and the holy spring that would heal her. The prophecy came true, and later Seraphim became abbess, and her son was appointed to serve in a local temple. There is a museum on the territory of the monastery, nuns take pilgrims. Relics are weeping and rejuvenated icons.

It was founded in 1385. The original building was soon destroyed. Part of the name in honor of the girl Ulyana, who preferred death to captivity, part in honor of Stephen Permsky - the one who stood behind the construction of the monastery. The current complex includes six temples. Having survived the ups and downs, the monastery received a second wind in 1994, when it again became an active object of the Russian Orthodox Church.

It was founded in 1943. The only such museum in the republic. Funds are about ten thousand copies. The exposition includes: painting and graphics from Western Europe and Russia from different periods, up to the present, Komi art, icons and more. Nearby is a sculpture garden - another asset of Syktyvkar.

It was founded in 1911. Exhibits tell the story of the region. Exposures relate to different time periods. The collection contains documents, archaeological finds, national household items and arts and crafts, literary works and more. Backgammon with several permanent exhibitions periodically appears and temporary, dedicated to important dates and holidays.

Installed in 2011. Located in Syktyvkar near the Komi Culture Center. The monument is a two-meter plate, in the center of which the letter "Ӧ" is engraved - 18 in a row in the Komi alphabet. It stands on a pedestal with a qualifying plate. For the first time “Ӧ” was used in the middle of the 18th century. In a sense, the letter is one of the symbols of the republic.

Located near the village of Zhelanny. The highest point is 1099 meters. The second name refers to the legends of the past. According to legend, there was a camp of shamans and sacrifices were made.Locals believed that the spirit of the wind lives here. Mountain is a popular destination for mountaineering enthusiasts. From a distance Yerkusey resembles a fortress and stands far from other peaks.

Coal deposits here began to be developed in the 40s of the last century. The maximum number of residents for the entire existence of the village left about seven thousand people. The village ceased to exist as an administrative unit in 1996. People were forcibly evicted. Now here is a military training ground. Some time ago, trial drilling began in order to find gas deposits.

It was founded at the end of the 19th century. Located in the village of Kyltovo. Relics of the monastery: icons and a special cross called the “Miracle-working”. He became the basis for the future monastery and, according to legend, knows how to heal diseases. On the territory there are operating temples, as well as housing for nuns and outbuildings. Over the years of its existence, the monastery moved a lot and was reopened in 1995.

Located on the Pechora River, three kilometers from the city of the same name. Height - seventy-four meters. It works properly from 1974 to the present. The design is made in such a way as to save metal. The supports, standing on both banks, are at an impressive distance from each other. The “swinging” support is located directly in the channel on a lightweight foundation.

First mentioned in 1586. Located on the left bank of Sysol in Komi. Nearby are several landmarks for the republic, including a monastery, temples, a museum and an ethnocultural park. Here are located the holy sources that attract pilgrims, Juniper Lake, which helps well in the treatment of certain diseases, archaeological sites.

It was founded in 1380. Located in the village of Ust-Vym. The key role in its construction was played by Seraphim of Perm. A new monastery subsequently appeared on the site of the wooden building. The monastery was closed under Catherine II, although the temples continued to work. In 1996, the monastery again showed interest in the state and the Russian Orthodox Church. Various construction, restoration and restoration works are ongoing to this day, although the monastery functions.

The inflow of Pechora. Fables - 9660 square kilometers. The river is shallow with clean and almost clear water. In some places there are many thresholds in a row. It flows through the national park, but there are no settlements near the river. Along the shores and a little further, parking for travelers is equipped, eco-tourism is gaining momentum in the region. Throughout its length there are geological monuments.

Located on the western slopes of the Urals. Belong to the reserve and national park. The forest belongs to the taiga, flora and fauna typical of such an area are here. UNESCO World Heritage Site. Questions remain about forest boundaries. Gold is being mined in the territory, which is not the norm of international law.

In the Komi Republic, many tourist routes have been laid. Travelers come here to climb the highest peak of the Urals - Mount Narodnaya and visit the Pechoro-Ilychsky Reserve. Tourists are attracted by rafting of full-flowing rivers and forests rich in mushrooms, fishing and endless tundra expanses, where huge harvests of berries ripen.

The territory, which extends north-east of the Vologda and Arkhangelsk regions, received state status in August 1921. At the dawn of Soviet power, it was called the Autonomous Region of Komi (Zyryan). By 1936, the remote region turned into the largest autonomous republic, part of the RSFSR.

Weathering posts on the Manpupuner plateau in winter

Since the 1990s, due to the closure of industrial enterprises, the Komi population has declined significantly. Today, 840 thousand people live here. Most of them are Russians, and less than a quarter are representatives of the indigenous Komi people.

Today in the republic there are several cities - Syktyvkar, Vorkuta, Mikun, Ukhta, Usinsk, Pechora and Inta. Coal is still being mined in Vorkuta, heavy oil in Ukhta, and gas in Usinsk.

Huge areas of land are poorly developed by people, therefore, in Komi, pristine forests and wetlands have been preserved. There are 240 protected areas in the republic, two of which are of federal importance. Fans of natural attractions began to explore the territory of Komi a long time ago, and today tourism has become one of the most important sectors of the region’s economy.

Most groups travel through the valleys and peaks of the Subpolar Urals. Tourists enjoy climbing to Narodnaya, Belfry, Manaraga, Yanchenko, Zashchita, Nyroyka, Mansi-nyor, Ural and Karpinsky. They come to the mountains to see beautiful waterfalls, bizarre cliffs and relic glaciers.

Trinity-Stefano-Ulyanovsk Monastery

Almost all routes to the heart of the most elevated part of the Ural Range start from Inta. Some groups start from Pechora and get to the beautiful alpine peak Saber through the long Aranets swamps.

In the mountains and foothills, many wild animals live. In the forests and on the slopes you can meet bears, moose, foxes, squirrels and hares. The reindeer grazing routes pass through the western spurs of the Ural Mountains. During the hikes, tourists get acquainted with reindeer herders - Zyryans, Khanty and Mansi, visit their plague and try a real delicacy - delicious deer meat.

In addition to hiking and mountaineering, skiing and cycling are developed in the Subpolar Urals. Fans of water travel are popular for kayaking, rafting and rafting on Vychegda, Shchugor, Sysol, Tansy, Lemve, Kos-yu, Shar-yu and Kozhim.

Unpopulated terrain and lack of roads make most of the republic inaccessible. Travelers get to remote areas by helicopters, motor boats, all-terrain vehicles and off-road trucks.

Mount Manaraga (1662 m)

Tourists have to overcome severe hiking difficulties. They pass many kilometers of pedestrian crossings, carry heavy backpacks and cope with hordes of mosquitoes and midges. Rough rivers, stone screes and deep canyons block their way. For these reasons, only well-trained sports groups are decided on long trips around Komi.

The biosphere reserve in the Northern Urals has a long history. The reserve was created in 1930 and today occupies a large territory between the rivers Pechora and Ilych. The taiga forests preserved here are unique and are classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.

For many decades, the reserve staff has been taming moose. Large animals carry loads and are used for horseback riding. Tourists who get to the reserve can visit the first moose farm in our country. They also have the opportunity to look at the beautiful stone pillars located on the plateau Man-Pupy-Ner or Mountain of idols. Inspired by legends, the geological monument is considered one of the seven wonders of Russia.

National Park "Yugyd Va"

Guided tours of the nature trails are organized for guests of the reserve. They are introduced to the Ural taiga and swamps, they are shown traces of animals and places of feeding. For an overnight stay, tourists stay in a guest house on the Shezhim-Pechorsky cordon and in a mountain shelter on a plateau.

The pristine nature of Komi attracts many fishermen. They engage in fishing on rivers and in lakes, and no one returns home without a good catch. In Komi there are grayling, taimen, whitefish, pike, ide, burbot, ruff and crucian carp.

In addition to gambling, fishing allows you to get acquainted with beautiful nature. The shores of transparent lakes are overgrown with rare plants - yellow Lapland poppy and healing golden root. Near the water are large boulders that remained here after the Ice Age.

The capital of the republic is located away from the main branch of the Northern Railway. Tourists get to the main city of the region by train and by air.

Ybsky Seraphim nunnery

Since the XVI century, the settlement was called Ust-Sysolsk. Before the revolution, it was a provincial town with a small number of inhabitants. In the middle of the last century, Syktyvkar was actively developing, and today 245 thousand people live in it. About 30% of them are Komi.

One of the metropolitan areas is called unusual - "Paris". In 1814, after the defeat of Napoleon’s army, 100 French prisoners were sent here, and many of the bottom remained in the taiga region for life. Thanks to the old wooden one-story houses, a special atmosphere is still preserved in Syktyvkar Paris.

The most beautiful temple in the city, the snow-white five-domed St. Stephen’s Cathedral, has the status of a cathedral. Together with the cross, the representative golden-domed church rises more than 60 m, and noticeably dominates the surrounding buildings.

Walking around the city, you can see several interesting architectural monuments and monuments. At the corner of Ordzhonikidze and Sovetskaya streets an old fire tower rises, and on Oktyabrsky Avenue stands the beautiful Baptist Church of Christ the Savior.

Holy Ascension Church in the village of Yb

To learn about the history of the Komi Republic and see unique exhibits, it is worth a look at the National Museum. The collections collected in Syktyvkar are so large that several buildings are allocated for them in the city center. The main museum is located at number 57 on Lenin Street. Art lovers seek to visit the National Gallery, which houses over seven thousand works of artists of the XVII-XXI centuries.

On the territory of the Komi Republic - in Vorkuta, Int, Pechora, Yemve, Volgort, Wiesing, Koslan, Trinity-Pechorsk and the village of Yb, local history museums were opened. All of them are, to one degree or another, devoted to the history of the region during the years of Stalinist repressions.

According to official figures, in 1950 more than 2.5 million people sat in the Gulag camps, most of them serving sentences in Komi. The Museum of the History of Political Repression, which is located on Tchaikovsky Street in Int, tells about the terrible conditions of detention and the trials that people had to endure.

If you want to see a living life and get acquainted with folk traditions, you can go to the large village of Ust-Tsilma. A large Old Believer community has been preserved there, and colorful holidays are held. The most populous and cheerful is the Ust-Tsilemsky hill, which is celebrated on June 29, on Peter's Day.

Holy Stefanov Cathedral in Syktyvkar

A rich historical and ethnographic open-air museum operates in the village of Ust-Vym. A huge Finno-Ugric ethnocultural park has been created in the village of Yb. On its territory, tourists are shown the sites of paleontological excavations, a hillfort of the IV-V centuries, an old spruce over 4.5 centuries old and a huge larch, the diameter of which exceeds 2.7 m. Winter sports events, gastronomic and ethnographic festivals are held here.

Travelers who, although leaving a pleasant memory of a trip to the republic, are interested in handicrafts. From Komi, bags, wallets, gloves, sleeveless jackets, hats and belts made of reindeer fur, birchbark tueski, wood crafts and folk embroidery are readily brought. Of the delicious souvenirs, smoked venison, trout, salmon, dried mushrooms, jam and fresh berries - cranberries, lingonberries, blueberries, blueberries and cloudberries are in demand.

Komi Republic - a subject of the Russian Federation, is part of the North-West Federal District. The administrative center of the federal district is the city of Syktyvkar. The area of ​​the republic is 416.8 thousand square kilometers. The territory has the greatest length from the southwest to the northeast - 1275 km, from north to south - 785 km, from west to east - 695 km.

At half of the 3rd millennium BC Finno-Ugric tribes moved to the territory of the European part of modern Russia. On this earth, they lived for about 3000 years before the Great Migration of the Slavs.
Finno-Ugric tribes have inhabited the territory of modern western, northern and central Russia since prehistoric times. Archaeological sources of the XII-XIV centuries on the territory of the republic indicate the existence of settlements of three ethnic communities: Russians, Permians (Finnish tribes, ancestors of modern Komi) and Ugra (Ugric tribes, ancestors of modern Mansi and Khanty).
In the XIII-XIV centuries. the territories of the modern Komi republic, more precisely, the Russian settlements located there, were subordinate to Novgorod, later along with it became part of the Moscow state and since then are inextricably linked with Russia.
In the 18th century, industrial enterprises appeared associated with the salt industry and metallurgy, and later with the leather industry and tar coating. In the second half of the 19th century, shipping links along Vychegda and Pechora appeared.
The most important product exported from the territory was furs. Due to the harsh climate and the absence of year-round communication routes, the territory has remained sparsely populated for a long time.

The Komi Republic is located west of the Ural Mountains, in the extreme northeast of the European part of the Russian Federation, within the Pechora and Mezensko-Vychegodsky lowlands, Middle and Southern Timan, and the western slopes of the Ural Mountains (Northern, Subpolar and Polar Urals). The highest part of the Urals, up to 1895 meters - Mount Narodnaya.

The territory of the Komi Republic extends from the Northern Uvala in the south to Pai-Khoy in the northeast, from the Pinego-Mezen interfluve in the west to the watershed of the Pechora and Ob rivers, passing along the Ural Range in the east.

In the Komi Republic there are all kinds of rivers: flat, mountain, lakes, marshes, karst (according to the conditions of the formation of the regime), large, medium and small (in size). Most of the territory is occupied by the basins of flat rivers: Vychegda, Luz, Mezen, Vashki, left-bank and tundra tributaries of the Pechora and Usa rivers. Typical mountain rivers are the right tributaries of the Pechora River - Unya, Ilych, Podchemer, Shchuger.
The largest river is Pechora. The main rivers include Izhma, Mezen, Sysola, Usa, Vashka, Vychegda, Vym.
On the territory of the Komi Republic there are more than 78,000 lakes. The largest lakes are Sindorskoye, Lake Yam. Donty Lake, Kadom Lake, Vad Lake, Dodzskoe Lake, Veyakoti Lake, Vadybty Lake, Smolnoye Lake, as well as Sindorskoe Lake, Yam Lake, Big Harbait and many others delight guests and residents of Karelia.
Marshes in the Komi Republic cover an area of ​​3.2 million hectares (7.7% of the territory). Marshes are used as natural resources for the collection of medicinal plants and berries - cloudberries, blueberries, cranberries. In the Komi Republic, more than 90 swamp reserves (cranberry) and 19 swamp natural monuments have been established.

The sights of the Komi Republic, as well as many other northern regions of the country, are primarily associated with the unique nature of these places. The main attractions of the Komi Republic are natural. But the main attraction is the virgin forests, which many scientists rightfully call the lungs of Europe, since there is no larger territory untouched by people in this part of the world.

The natural miracle of this land is Mansi idiots on Mount Man-Pupu-Ner (which means “mountain of stone idols”) in the Pechoro-Ilychsky reserve. And the largest waterfall in the European part of Russia is Boredan, where water falls from a height of 10 meters, and 60-meter-high cliffs rise very close.
The historical landmark of the Komi Republic is the village of Yb (Syktyvdinsky district), the oldest settlement in Russia from those starting with the letter "Y". The village has been known since 1586.
Unique territory - Pechoro-Ilychsky reserve. Such virgin forests, not affected by human activity and man-made impact, have not survived in Europe. In 1985, the reserve was included in the list of biosphere.Ten years later, by decision of UNESCO, the Pechora-Ilych Reserve with protected and buffer zones and the Yugyd Va National Park, united under the general name “Komi Virgin Forests”, were included in the list of World Cultural and Natural Heritage Sites.

The main attractions of the Komi Republic are all kinds of natural, as well as historical and ethnographic monuments associated with the distinctive culture of the Finno-Ugric tribes that once inhabited this region.

In the Komi Republic, geological monuments began to be allocated since 1973. In 2008, 95 natural monuments were established in the republic. Among them are the “Ruins of the ancient city” on the plateau Torre-Porre-Iz, “Karst Log of the Jordan” on the right bank of the Malaya Pechora River, 16 km above the confluence of the Bolshaya Shezhima, “Upper Gate” on the river Bolshaya Sinya (located 55 km above the railway bridge), “Ring” on the Sharyu River (30 km from Usinsk, “Window to Usinskaya oil”). Caves: “Kaninskaya” 47 km above the mouth of the Unyi river on the right bank of the Pechora, “Uninskaya” 110 km from the mouth of Unyi, “Icy”, “Tufa” and “Bear Cave” in the Iordansky ravine, where one of the northernmost sites was discovered Paleolithic man and the largest in the north of Europe is the location of the Pleistocene fauna - mammoth bones, woolly rhinoceros, cave bear, tiger cub.

Sights applicants for the title "Seven Wonders of Russia" from the Komi Republic:

Bogatyr-Slit, rock, geological monument, located on the river Bolshaya Sinya, 25 km above the state farm of Sin, Pechora City Council.

Schugor, reserved river. “Upper Gate” (located 73 km from the mouth of the river), “Middle Gate” (9 km below the Upper Gate), “Lower Gate” (the most picturesque outcrop among the Schugor “gate” is located 22 km from the mouth, right bank) and the Veldor-Kirta-El waterfall in the rocks of the right bank of the Upper Gate, geological monuments, the Vuktylsky City Council.

Lekiz, a group of rocks, a geological monument, located on the right bank of the Ilych River, 4 km below the stream B. Sotchemyol, Pechora-Ilychsky reserve, Troitsko-Pechora district.

Weathering pillars on the Manpupuner plateau, a geological monument located in the interfluve of Ichotlyagi and Pechora, Trinity-Pechora region, Northern Urals. Weathering Pillars is one of the winners of the Seven Wonders of Russia contest.

City Inta. Kozhimsky and Syvyussky geological monuments, "Golden Woman", rock "Reef", rock "Monk", "Kayuk-Nyrd", "Nortnicha-yel", cedar monument "Vadcharty" - natural monuments on the river Kozhim, Intinsky City Council.

The ancient village of Yb on seven hills (located 50 km south of Syktyvkar), where on the banks of Sysola there are outcrops of the Jurassic period. This geological monument has been known for a long time. Local residents find fossils here, for example, belemnites, nicknamed “the damn fingers” (according to the Komi - “gul chun”, in the old days they were used as talcum powder antiseptic). In recent years, due to hot and dry summers and low water levels in Sysol, fossil finds of prehistoric animals - ichthyosaurs and pleziosaurs became systemic, and not accidental.

Of course, you can tell a lot about Komi, but it is best to personally visit this wonderful place to enjoy all the charm and beauty of the Ural places, feeling all the significance and richness of this region.

Other attractions and interesting places of the Komi Republic:

Pillars of weathering.

Weathering posts (Mansi blocks) is a unique geological monument in the Troitsk-Pechora region of the Komi Republic on Mount Man-Pupu-ner (which means “Small Mountain of Idols” in Mansi), between the rivers Ichotlyaga and Pechora. It is located quite far from inhabited places. Numerous legends are associated with them, before the Pillars of Weathering were objects of the Mansi cult. Pillars are considered one of the seven wonders of Russia.

Boredan Waterfall.

Boredan waterfall on the Halmerju River, fall height 10 m. One of the largest waterfalls in the European part of Russia. Nearby are Pemboy rocks up to 60 meters high.

The settlement of Yb.

It has been known since 1586. This is the oldest of the settlements on the territory of Russia starting with the letter “Y”. At present, the Yb village is one of the largest tourist centers.

Mount Yerkusey.

Shaman Mountain or Mount Yerkusey (1099 m.) There are no ancient Orthodox churches in the Intinsky region, but there are many cult pagan places, one of such famous natural sacred objects is the Shaman Mountain. According to legend, one of the last shamans is buried at the foot of the Shaman Mountain, and an evil spirit lives in the mountain itself, flying out of the cave in the form of wind and killing deer. And nowadays it is customary for reindeer herders to leave a sacrifice - the head of a deer, on a flat table-shaped top of Yerkusey.

Mount Payer (1492). The highest point of the Polar Urals, a rock mass in the middle of the tundra.

National park "Yugyd va".

The Yugyd Va National Park occupies a special place among more than three dozen other national parks in Russia as the largest of them (total area - 1891.7 thousand ha). The forested area is about 51%. The national park includes the highest part of the Ural Mountains. There are 821 lakes and about 50 glaciers. Here, the birds listed in the International Red Book nest, many rare and endemic species of plants grow, the fauna is rich.

Pechora-Ilych Biosphere Reserve.

Pechora-Ilych Reserve - a reserve in the Northern Urals. The reserve is located in the Komi Republic on the western slope of the Ural Mountains. From the east, the reserve is bounded by the Belt stone ridge, from the south, north and west by the Pechora and Ilych rivers.

Dyatlov Pass.

In the Northern Urals there is a mysterious place Dyatlova Pass, which attracts many tourists from around the world. It is located between Mount Kholatchahl and a small hill located not far from the main Ural ridge. We are talking about the world famous Dyatlov Pass.

Hello. My name is Yulia. I have been working in the tourism business for a little less than 9 years. I believe that I am a professional in my field and I want to help all visitors to the site to solve a variety of issues. All data for the site is collected and carefully processed in order to convey in a convenient form all the necessary information. However, in order to apply everything described on the site, consultation with specialists is necessary.

Pin
Send
Share
Send