Park named after A.V. Suvorov in Kobrin is the oldest park in Belarus, founded in 1768 by Anthony Tizengauz. After the third division of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Catherine II presented the estate to Kobrinsky Klyuch along with the park to the celebrated commander Suvorov. For some time the estate was owned by the brother of the famous Belarusian poet Adam Mitskevich - Alexander.
Unfortunately, the manor house was not preserved. At the place where he once was, a monument was erected - a bronze bust of the sculptor I. M. Rukavishnikov. After the liberation of Belarus from the Nazi invaders, in 1948 the Suvorov Park turned into a recreation and recreation park in the city of Kobrin.
Now the area of the Park of Culture and Rest named after A.V. Suvorova is a beautiful corner of nature, decorated in the style of an English park. Since Soviet times, various attractions have been operating here, a summer theater has been built. There is a fountain in the pond. Another fountain has colorful lights in the dark. An interesting feature is the fence of the park. It is decorated with miniature cannons.
The park has great popularity and the newlyweds Kobrin. They come to be photographed at the fountain with white swans or walk through a shady park. For those who wish, there is a boat rental on the lake.
The newlyweds are also offered a special service - a wedding on the “Island of Lovers” in a beautiful snow-white rotunda, located on an island in the middle of a reservoir.
Now in a clean well-groomed park a lot of different animals and birds have divorced. They are loved here, so they are not afraid of people and have become almost tame. Peacocks walk around the park, swans swim in the pond, and curious squirrels live on the trees.
Story| edit code
It was founded in 1768 by order of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Anthony Tiesenhaus. In 1795, after the third partition of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, the estate Kobrin Key together with the park was donated by Catherine II to Alexander Suvorov. In 1808, the estate was sold to Major Gelvig, from the middle of the XIX century the central estate belonged to Alexander Mitskevich - brother of the Polish poet Adam Mickiewicz. Since 1948 it has been a cultural and leisure park named after Suvorov.